Pella has a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in Southern Pines. Whether it’s done through our own business practices or providing energy-saving products, we make every effort to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help enhance the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll see the benefits all year long.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with selections based on specific climates. The styles below give our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 features three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with a double coating of Low-E thermal protection. This option also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler during the hottest months. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to increase your energy efficiency.
Consult your Southern Pines Pella Showroom to learn about more of our insulating glass choices or our recommendations for the Southern Pines region.
How Energy Efficient are Your Windows?
You can figure out your energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between our glass panes to offer additional insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home when it’s hot and inside the room in the winter; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Innovative Solutions for Southern Pines Area Home
We’ve provided features to help our products increase your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to lessen the possibility of seal failure
Discover more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.