Winter weather is just around the corner in Southern Pines and when the temperature drops, the utility bills can often surge. There are several things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful regardless of the season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors provide during Southern Pines winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can trickle in and influence your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella of Southern Pines team a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to sneak into your home. Chat with a professional to repair these issues before the colder temperatures hit Southern Pines.
If you have any concerns or questions about getting your home ready for winter, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Southern Pines a call at 910-444-0729 or stop by our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.