Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a wonderful way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Remember these do’s and don’ts to create the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your home. What do you want to get out of the space? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Hang on to all your receipts. File all your receipts in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most critical things about your new kitchen. Be sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen functioning efficiently for a long time.
- Forget to consider the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We suggest budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our team at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 910-444-0729, check out our Southern Pines showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.